What is Myanmar Tourist Express visa? Who must apply for it?
Getting a visa has become easier than ever before. The immigration department of Myanmar grants visa to express travelers within 8 to 24 hours. You can apply for it if you have forgotten to issue a visa or have some emergency work in Myanmar. It is granted to you if you wish to travel to Myanmar within 48 hours.
Types of Express Visa that you can apply for
Types of visas that you can apply for depending upon your requirements.
- Tourist Visa: The Tourist Express Visa is granted to you for 28 days. You can issue 5 hours prior to your flight schedule.
Myanmar Visa Processing Time
The processing times for E-Visa are as follows
Tourist Express E-Visa Processing (Process within 1 - 8 working hours)- the Myanmar immigration department grants EXPRESS Visa in 1 hour to 8 hours the same day you apply. Fill in the form and select the Express visa option in the processing time to get this visa.
Normal E-Visa Processing (Process within 2 working days)- the normal processing of the visa happens in 2 working days. You will receive your e-visa by the end of 24 hours or more in this process. Fill in the form and select the Normal visa option in the processing time to get this visa. Apply for a normal visa if your flight is in 3 days or more.
- The Myanmar Business E-Visa does not have express process, Business E-Visa this is applicable to you if you are going to Myanmar for any business-related work. In this case, you need to provide the company’s invitation letter if it is applicable. The business e-visa is valid for 70 days.
- The Business visa will be issued from 9 am to 4:30 pm every Monday to Friday except lunchtime and public holidays according to Myanmar’s time zone, that is GMT +6:30. If you apply for it after the working time, it will be accepted, processed and finished the next day.
Get your express e-visa in easy steps
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with correct details. Recheck all the details.
- Step 2: Pay the processing fee. This depends on the type of visa you are trying to issue.
- Step 3: Receive the approval within a few hours.
- Step 3: According to the type of express e-visa you have applied for, you will receive an email with your visa details. Print it and if you wish, keep extra photocopies of it.
- Step 4: Carry the e-visa to Myanmar and get it stamped at the immigration once you reach the international airports or border checkpoints.
Do I need a Tourist E-Visa if I am in transit through Myanmar?
If you do not intend to leave the transit lounge at the airport, you need not apply for the tourist e-visa of Myanmar. However, if your stay is for a longer period, say 8 hours or 12 hours, you can visit the nearby locations and have the treat of viewing the beauty. However, for that, you will have to apply for the visa.