Travel between countries requires proper documentation, and Myanmar has simplified the visa process for
tourists, including those from Turkey, by introducing an electronic visa (eVisa) system. The following
sections delve into the details of obtaining a Myanmar
eVisa for Turkish citizens.
What is the Myanmar eVisa and how does it work for Turkish citizens?
The Myanmar eVisa is an online travel authorization that permits foreign nationals, including Turkish
citizens, to enter Myanmar for tourism or business purposes. It's designed to streamline the visa
application process, allowing travelers to apply and receive their visa electronically without visiting a consulate
Can Turkish citizens apply for a Myanmar eVisa?
Yes, Turkish citizens are eligible to apply for a Myanmar eVisa. The eVisa program for Myanmar is available
to citizens of many countries, including Turkey, allowing them to apply for tourist or business visas
through an online Myanmar eVisa application process. This simplifies the process and eliminates the need to visit a consulate or embassy. However, always ensure
you check the most current information from official sources, as visa policies can change.
How do I apply for a Myanmar eVisa as a first-time traveler from Turkey?
As a first-time traveler from Turkey, you can apply for a Myanmar eVisa by following these steps:
- Select the Type of Visa: Choose whether you are applying for a tourist eVisa or a business
eVisa, depending on the purpose of your visit to Myanmar.
- Fill out the Application Form: Complete the online Myanmar eVisa application form with
accurate personal and travel information. Double-check all the details to avoid errors.
- Upload Required Documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents, including a passport-sized
photo and a scanned copy of your passport's biodata page. Make sure the documents meet the specified
- Pay the Visa Fee: The eVisa application requires a processing fee, which can be paid
using a credit or debit card. The fee may vary based on the type of visa and processing time you
- Receive Confirmation via Email: After submitting your application and payment, you will receive
an email acknowledging receipt of your application. The email will contain an application reference number for
- Wait for eVisa Approval: The processing time for the Myanmar eVisa for Turkish citizens
typically ranges from 1 to 7 business days. However, it is recommended to apply well in advance of your travel
date to allow for any unexpected delays.
- Download and Print the eVisa: Once your eVisa is approved, you will receive a notification via
email. Log in to the eVisa website using your application reference number and download the approved eVisa.
Print at least two copies of the eVisa, as you will need to present one upon arrival in Myanmar and keep the
other as a backup during your trip.
- Present the eVisa Upon Arrival: When you arrive in Myanmar, present your printed eVisa at the
immigration checkpoint. Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
What are the required documents for the application?
To apply for a Myanmar eVisa as a first-time traveler from Turkey, you will need the following required documents required for Myanmar
- Passport: A valid Turkish passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of entry
into Myanmar. Ensure that your passport has at least one blank page for visa stamping.
- Passport-Sized Photo: You will need a recent passport-sized photo with a white background. The
photo should meet standard passport photo requirements.
- Scanned Copy of Passport's Biodata Page: Scan the page of your Turkish passport that contains
your personal information, photo, and passport details.
- Travel Itinerary: Prepare a copy of your travel itinerary showing your planned entry and exit
dates from Myanmar. This can be your flight tickets or a detailed travel plan.
- Hotel Bookings or Accommodation Details: If you have pre-booked accommodations in Myanmar, provide the reservation details or confirmation.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Be prepared to show evidence of sufficient funds to cover your
expenses during your stay in Myanmar. This can include bank statements or other financial documents.
- Return or Onward Travel Ticket: Show proof of your return or onward travel from Myanmar. This
could be a flight ticket or other travel reservations.
Please note that the above list outlines the typical required documents for a Myanmar eVisa application.
How long does it typically take to process a Myanmar eVisa for Turkish citizens?
The processing time for a Myanmar eVisa for Turkish citizens can vary based on the chosen processing speed.
Generally, there are three processing options available:
- Normal Processing: The normal processing time for a Myanmar eVisa is typically around 5
to 7 business days. This is the standard processing option, and most applicants receive their eVisa
within this timeframe.
- Rush Processing: The rush processing option expedites the application, and the eVisa is usually processed within 3 to 5 business days. This option is ideal for those who need their
- Super Rush Processing: The super rush processing is the fastest option available. The eVisa is
processed within a few hours (usually 24 to 72 hours). It is the most expensive option and is
suitable for travelers with very urgent travel plans.
Fee structure and payment methods for Turkey citizens
The fee structure and payment methods for Turkey citizens applying for a Myanmar eVisa fee may vary based on
the type of eVisa (tourist or business) and the selected processing speed (normal, rush, or
The Myanmar eVisa application fees can typically be paid using the following methods:
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and other major credit cards
are often accepted for payment.
- Debit Cards: Some debit cards with international payment capabilities may also be accepted.
Validity period of the Myanmar eVisa for Turkey citizens
The eVisa is generally valid for 90 days from the issue date and allows a stay of up to 28 days for tourists
or 70 days for business travelers.
Which entry points in Myanmar accept the eVisa for Turkish citizens?
Most international airports and some land border crossings in Myanmar accept the eVisa.
Type of Entry
Yangon International Airport
Mandalay International Airport
Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
Nay Pyi Taw
Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
Shan State, near Mae Sai, Thailand
Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
Kayin State, near Mae Sot, Thailand
Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
Tanintharyi Region, near Ranong, Thailand
Rihkhawdar Land Border Checkpoint
Chin State, India
Can Turkish citizens extend their stay in Myanmar beyond the eVisa validity period?
Extension beyond the eVisa validity period is generally not allowed. However, exceptional
circumstances might be considered at the discretion of the Myanmar immigration authorities.
How can I track the status of my Myanmar eVisa application?
After submitting your Myanmar eVisa application, you can track its status by following these steps:
- Application Reference Number: Upon successfully submitting your eVisa application, you will
receive an email containing an application reference number. Keep this number safe, as you will need it to track
- Visit the eVisa Website: Go to the official Myanmar eVisa website and click on the "Myanmar eVisa Application
Status" or "Track Visa Status" option.
- Enter Application Reference Number: Enter the application reference number provided to you in
- Enter Your Email Address: Input the email address you used during the eVisa application
- Submit the Information: Click on the "Submit" or "Check
Status" button to track your application.
- Application Status: After submitting the required details, the website will display the current
status of your eVisa application. The status could be one of the following:
- Pending: Your application is being processed.
- Approved: Your eVisa has been approved, and you can download it from the website.
- Rejected: Your eVisa application has been declined.
- Email Notification: Additionally, you may receive an email notification with the updated status
of your eVisa application.
Place Of Outstanding Natural Beauty In Myanmar
Myanmar, also known as Burma, is home to several places of outstanding natural beauty that captivate travelers with
their breathtaking landscapes and unique charm. Some of the notable places in Myanmar that showcase its natural
- Bagan: Famous for its ancient temples and pagodas, Bagan offers a mesmerizing panorama of
thousands of ancient structures spread across the plains, making it a truly magical sight, especially during
sunrise and sunset.
- Inle Lake: Located in Shan State, Inle Lake is a serene freshwater lake surrounded by
picturesque mountains and floating gardens. The traditional Intha fishermen and stilted villages add to its
- Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (Golden Rock): Perched on the edge of a cliff, the Golden Rock is a
gravity-defying pagoda covered in gold leaf, believed to be held in place by a single strand of Buddha's hair.
The stunning view from the top is simply awe-inspiring.
- Mrauk U: An ancient city in Rakhine State, Mrauk U is known for its ancient temples, some of
which are situated on hills, offering panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Ngapali Beach: With its soft white sands and crystal-clear waters, Ngapali Beach is one of
Myanmar's most famous beach destinations, perfect for relaxation and enjoying the stunning sunsets.
- Hpa-An: This quaint town in Karen State is surrounded by limestone mountains, offering
fantastic opportunities for hiking, exploring caves, and experiencing the rural charm of Myanmar.
- Mount Popa: An extinct volcano located near Bagan, Mount Popa is home to a stunning monastery
perched on its summit, providing spectacular views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Chin Hills: The Chin Hills in western Myanmar are renowned for their pristine beauty, trekking
opportunities, and the unique tattooed faces of some Chin women.
- Hsipaw: A charming town in Shan State, Hsipaw is surrounded by lush green hills, dotted with
picturesque villages and rice paddies, making it a favorite destination for trekking enthusiasts.
These are just a few examples of the many places of natural beauty in Myanmar. Each region of the country has its own
unique landscapes and attractions, making Myanmar a fascinating destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers