Size and Format
- The maximum size can be 3 MB.
- Must be uploaded in PDF, JPG or PNG formats.
- The photograph must be 45-50 mm in height and 35-38 mm in width
- The photograph must show a close up of your face and the top of the shoulders.
- Your face must take up 70% – 80% of the photo.
Please make sure that there is no white border around the photo as this may affect the dimensions of your photograph.
Your photograph should be:
- Coloured and not black and white.
- Taken against a light grey or plain white background.
- Have sharp focus and be correctly exposed.
- Have a good colour balance, natural flesh tones and no ‘red eye’.
- Have good contrast between your facial features and the background.
- There should not be any shadows or glare on the image or in the background.
Expressions and Posture
- Your expression must be neutral. Do not squint, frown, smile or use any other expression.
- Your eyes must be open and your mouth closed with a natural unexaggerated smile.
- There must be no hair covering your eyes.
- The head must be in the centre of the image. You must look directly at the camera and show your full face.
- Do not tilt or turn your head in any way.
Head & hair covering
- Do not wear a head covering or hair covering like hat, cap, head-band.
- If you religious headgear on a daily basis, you may wear it in your photograph.
- Ensure that the headgear do not obscure your face in the photograph. Your face must be clearly visible.
- Do not wear sunglasses or tinted/coloured glasses.
- If you normally wear glasses, your eyes must be clearly visible in the photo.
* If you are wearing a religious headgear in your photograph then you will need to submit a letter explaining that you wear this headgear daily for religious reasons.
Your photos must be taken in the last 6 months.
- The photo should be printed on high quality photographic paper.
- The paper should not be crinkled, torn or creased.
- The back-side of each photograph should be plain white and unglazed.