Before you apply, you will need the following:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity period remaining after your visit.
- A recent coloured digital photograph.
- Visa, Master, American Express or JCB credit cards for the payment of visa service.
Tourist Visa details
- You will receive an email after successful payment of your visa service. e-Visa service fees is non refundable.
- The validity of tourist e-Visa is 90 days from the date of issuance. Entry will be denied if the visa has expired.
- The maximum length of stay is 28 days from your date of arrival in Myanmar..
- eVisa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- The processing time is up to 2 working days for normal Tourist Visa and 8 hours for Tourist Visa Express Service. In all cases, processing time starts when the application form is submitted with successful payment.
- If the applicants include minors (under 7 years), all the information including full name and date of birth has to be entered in the minor section of the application form.
- Entry in Myanmar is permitted only via the following ports :
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Myanmar e-Visa is not valid if you enter via seaport. Please contact your tour agent if you are entering Myanmar via cruise.
- Visa on Arrival is valid on entry via seaports.
- Tourists must stay only in the registered hotels or resorts during their stay in Myanmar.
- You may return by the same flight if you are denied of entry in Myanmar.
- Before applying for Tourist e-Visa, please check for visa exempt countries and eligible countries for visiting Myanmar.
Visa Exempt Countries
Eligible Countries to apply for Tourist eVisa